Wingback Chair Reupholstered

My new happy place!

I believe in surrounding ourselves with stuff that makes us happy.  So as I slowly renovate my 'newish' home (moved into a 1970's home 1 1/2 years ago), I am adding happy furnishings as I can afford them.  I always wanted a hot pink wingback chair but could not budget in the quality piece I wanted.  Finally my dream came true!

This past summer I picked up this wingback chair at a garage sale.

Its a really well made chair but needs a new cushion.  Great deal!

I took the chair to the upholstery shop.    

They stripped the chair and let me come back before doing the upholstering so I could sand down the legs, then spray them with silver spray paint.

Use quality fabric that is specifically for furniture use-
This is the fabric I used to reupholster the chair.  Its from Maxwell and is extremely soft and yummy!  I mean its called 'Delicious' for a reason! 

I just received the finished chair today!
When reupholstering a piece of furniture, remember that this is your opportunity to add nail heads, tufting, and any trim!  I chose chrome nail heads and decided not to do tufting to keep it modern.  

FUN!






Comments